HIDE Wind Advisory issued December 13 at 6:53PM EST until December 14 at 12:00PM EST by NWS Blacksburg
...Strong gusty northwest winds expected tonight into midday
.A fast-moving Alberta Clipper system will progress across the
region overnight. Northwest winds will increase and become strong
overnight into the morning hours on Thursday. These winds may
hamper travelers passing through the Blue Ridge mountains and on
Interstate 81 overnight into the morning, as well as produce minor
property damage and isolated power outages. Northwest winds ease
by Thursday afternoon.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST THURSDAY...
* Locations...Along and adjacent to the southern Blue Ridge.
* Hazards...Strong wind gusts.
* Winds...Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing...Winds become northwesterly overnight. Strongest winds
occur early Thursday morning through mid-morning Thursday.
Northwest winds ease by noon.
* Impacts...Traveling will be difficult for higher profile
vehicles. Some weaker or dead trees could be uprooted, with
limbs also likely to break. Isolated power outages possible.